I am slightly (really) obsessed with the website http://www.hubba-u.com. I saw my friend Katie was a fan on it on facebook (Hi, G!) and I’m pretty sure Lauren brought it up this past weekend at dinner, however I had no idea what she was talking about.
It’s basically an online portal for all things TCU – events, sports, a calendar of everything school and non-school related going on in DFW, fun stories about fashion, music, “life,” – and some of these stories even have CURSE words in them! The start-up team and contributors are all from TCU which is fantastic (even small child Rian Brooks – a THETA!) and they’re all students which makes it even more awesome.
Thoughts running through my head right now:
– This Mike Vosters character needs to figure out how to sell this portal to other schools if he isn’t already trying to do so
– Why the hell am I not still a student? Heck, I’ve visited the site six times in the past 15 minutes
– If this site reported hard news from campus (not so much entertainment), The Skiff readership would be completely depleted.
– Sorry for the above statement, but it’s true – every opinion comment of mine that was printed in The Skiff was inevitably altered so it sounded prettier than what I was actually saying – and trust me, if I was writing to The Skiff, it wasn’t to be pretty.
– I just read over the Hubb-ictionary. I’m pretty sure I know most of the Pi Kapps who trademarked some of those words. Funny how tradition continues!
Well, this site made me even MORE excited for homecoming than I was before. I cannot wait. See you all on the 29th!