Here are some songs I’ve been playing a lot lately!
- “I Want to Dance with Somebody (Who Loves Me)” – Whitney Houston (old school Whitney… I love this song! I imagine myself dancing to this on a dance floor and my future fiance coming up to dance with me to symbolize his love… cheesy? Ok never-mind).
- “Animal” – Neon Trees – Yes, the song from the Camp Vegas commercial. By the way, whoever did those ads did a FANTASTIC job. Makes me want to go back (even though I was there two weeks ago), makes me believe everyone in Vegas is hot (while it’s very much the opposite), makes me feel like you go to Vegas and you’ll fall in love (again, on the contrary).
- “Find Your Love” – Drake – reminds me of “Welcome to Heartbreak” by Kanye… kind of eerie sounding. Plus, I will always have a soft spot for Drake because to me, he’s Jimmy from Degrassi first, rapper second.
- “Up All Night” – Counting Crows – It’s not summer without CC blasting on my stereo. Every summer for five years I’d venture an outdoor amphitheater to listen to some of my favorite songs. Looks like I need to look up concert dates… like now. I also love “Good Time.”
- “Shark in the Water” – V V Brown – I adore her voice and this song always gets stuck in my head
- “Confessions Part II” – Usher – I’ve been playing this song on repeat because I’m writing my MOH speech and this is one of mine and Erin’s songs!
- “Always Be My Baby” – Mariah Carey – Again, another song of ours. I remember when I got sick junior year and we were driving in my convertible, top down, singing this song as loud as possible. I could barely get any of the words out, but I could hit every high note she hit… it really was divine intervention. A once and a lifetime opportunity that happened when I was sicker than a dog.